Education is aimed at producing graduates with the necessary academic and technical knowledge in different disciplines. We must, however, not forget that it should also be aimed at nurturing graduates with a reasonable sense of social responsibility, so that they can behave as responsible and rational citizens who are aware of the current problems, challenges, opportunities and alternatives to resolve conflicts in society
Students have to be aware of the values, causes, consequences and implications of issues from multi-disciplinary perspectives. Only through such multi-disciplinary and cross-curricular thinking can our students develop objective, rational and critical thinking. The social service undertaken by the students of this group include energy conservation, environmental issues, and Alcohol and Drug awareness. AIDS awareness, gender equality, heritage, and traffic and hygiene awareness.
Vision- To build a caring community with self-sufficiency, dignity, harmony and happiness
· To provide quality social welfare services to enable them to meet life’s challenges
· To promote social and family responsibilities
· To develop individual potential and reward results
· To empower and build an innovative, cohesive and professional team
The main objectives of Social Awareness clubs are to:
Ø Understand the community in which they work
Ø Understand themselves in relation to their community
Ø Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving
Ø Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility
Ø Utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems
Ø Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities
Ø Gain skills in mobilizing community participation
Ø Acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitudes
Ø Develop capacity to meet emergencies and natural disasters
Ø Practice national integration and to maintain social harmony.
· Awareness programs by various social activities
· Rally on awareness related with social issues
· Fundraising campaign for the needy
· Active Listening and Open-Ended Questions.
- Teaching Tolerance: Developing Empathy.
- Lesson Planet: Empathy Resources.
- Greater Good Science Center: Empathy.
- Edutopia: Five Minute Film Festival.
- Identity Safe Classrooms: Resources.
- Diversity Activities for Youth and Adults.
- changes in awareness, knowledge, skills
- increases in the number of people reached
- changes in behaviour
- changes in community capacity
- changes in organizational capacity (skills, structures, resources)
- increases in service usage
- improved continuity of care