The English Literary Club under the aegis of the Commerce Department aims at going beyond the classroom learning, promoting the creative and inventive thinking in students. The club coordinates the events covering every functional area of the noise and warmth of human commerce such as Invited Lecturers, Skits, Mime, Soft-skill Training ,Group Discussions, Role Plays, Debates, Quizzes ,Personality Development training, News reading schooling and other Management Competitions at inter collegiate levels. These activities encourage students not only to learn to manage things on their own but also supplement their professional development in understanding the subjects involved with better clarity.
Our Vision is to create a recreational and consolidating opportunity for students to learn and practice English, specifically for commercial purpose.
Thus, our motive is to:
· Give vent to students' creative talents
· Provide encouraging atmosphere for Students to express personal views about whatever they choose. Enhance students' learning opportunities
· Set new horizons for Students learning English through the media they daily use.
· Engage them in cooperative tasks.
· Envelope their awareness of themselves as individuals with special different talents and capacities.
· Maximize students’ exposure to authentic English through media, books...
· Trigger their active involvement in adopting themselves to College life and learning potentials.
The English Literary Club under the surveillance of COMMERCE DEPARTMENT strives to enhance the development of professional skills among students, while at the same time promoting agenda identity. The club is a resource for the fresher and acts as a liaison between faculty and students.
· Skit – To promote Communication Skills of students and help in team work and emote before an audience thereby increasing the emotional quotient of the students
· Mass Media- To promote the ability to organize and analyze the available resources through the medium of newspaper wherein creating a platform to read spontaneously without preparation.
· The Crescent Voice-The student-run club, offers stories on important news in the community. The paper to sync biweekly. Readers can also follow the.........................
· Mime-An act to place drama inside the moving human body, rather than to substitute gesture for speech as in pantomime.
· Online Activities- To stimulate all participants online, opening up a whole wider world before them. Events involve through music and memory
Ø Increase confidence in speaking publicly:
Ø Articulate clear questions and ideas in class discussion; listen thoughtfully and respectfully to others’ ideas; and prepare, organize, and deliver engaging oral presentations.
Ø Enjoy the experience of reading challenging literature: appreciate literature’s ability to elicit feeling, cultivate the imagination, and call us to account as humans.
Ø Students will become accomplished, active readers who appreciate ambiguity and complexity, and who can articulate their own interpretations with an awareness and curiosity for other perspectives.
Ø Students will be able to write effectively for a variety of professional and social settings. They will practice writing as a process of motivated inquiry, engaging other writers’ ideas as they explore and develop their own
Ø Students will develop the ability to read works of literary, rhetorical, and cultural criticism, and deploy ideas from these texts in their own reading and writing.